OPEN CALL AUDITIONS FOR
By Marc Camoletti
Translated by Beverly Cross and Francis Evans
Playing February 2 – 11, 2018
Directed by James M. Snyder
Set in Paris in the 1960s, Boeing, Boeing is a face-paced and sexy farce that enjoyed hit revivals in London (2007) and Broadway (2008). Swinging American bachelor Bernard couldn’t be happier engaged to not one, not two, but THREE beautiful airline hostesses–without them knowing about each other! He manages to juggle his “fiancés” with careful planning and the reluctant help of his sharp-tongued French housekeeper, Berthe. But chaos ensues when his friend Robert comes to stay, and a new and speedier Boeing jet throws off all of his careful planning. Soon all three stewardesses are in town simultaneously, timid Robert is forgetting which lies to tell whom, and disaster looms! Rated PG-13.
OPEN CALL AUDITION DATES:
Sunday, December 10, 2017 at 6:30 pm OR Monday, December 11, 2017 at 6:30 pm
CALLBACKS (by invitation only):
Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 6:30 p.m.
Showbiz Theatre Company, 1744 Pacific Ave, Stockton (please enter through the front door)
Bring a resume and photo of yourself (does not have to be a professional headshot) and know/bring your conflict schedule through February 11. Auditions will include cold readings from the script and possibly improv. All actors should have the ability to do physical comedy. Accents do not need to be precise at auditions but will be necessary by opening night. Note: There will be rehearsals December 18, 19, 20 & 22, then no rehearsals again until January.
All roles are available and all are welcome!
- Bernard– Male, 25-45. A successful American bachelor living in Paris. He is well-educated, charming, and engaged tothree airline hostesses; takes boyish pleasure in the success of his devious doings, confident until his plans come unraveled.
- Berthe– Female, 40-70. Bernard’s long-time live-in maid and cook. Although devoted to Bernard, she is tired of his juggling of the girls. Dry, witty and fantastically sarcastic. Never afraid to say what’s on her mind. French accent.
- Robert– Male, 25-45. Bernard’s childhood friend from Wisconsin. Shy, small-town, midwestern, and sweet. Views Bernard’s whirlwind juggling act of three fiancés with awe and admiration, until he gets wrapped up in it himself and his anxiety spins out of control.
- Gloria– Female, 20-35. Bernard’s American fiancé. Airline hostess for TWA. Epitome of an independent, “go-getter” American woman. Has a voracious appetite for food and love. New York or American regional accent.
- Gretchen– Female, 20-35. Bernard’s German fiancé. Airline hostess for Lufthansa. Has an intense passion that can turn on a dime. Soft & warm one moment and on a rampage the next. Inspires both lust & fear in those around her. German accent.
Gabriella– Female, 20-35. Bernard’s Italian fiancé. Airline hostess for Alitalia. Sultry and full of fire, she is more “old fashioned” and smarter than she first appears. Italian accent.
For more information: Call (209) 938-0447, e-mail email@example.com, or message us on Facebook.